Lulu's Big Chocolate Chunky Cookie
From Lucy Buffett's collection. Her variation on the Neiman Marcus Cookie
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 1/2 cup(s) old fashioned oatmeal no quick cooking oats
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3 1/2 ounce(s) milk chocolate candy bars
- 1 cup(s) semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup(s) white chocolate morsels
- 2 stick(s) unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1 cup(s) light brown sugar loosely packed
- 1 teaspoon(s) pure vanilla extract
- 2 whole(s) large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup(s) large pecan pieces
- milk as needed
- Preheat oven 20 375 degrees.
- Place oatmeal in a food processor and blend to a very fine texture. Combine fine oatmeal, flour, baking powder and soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Run hands through dry mix or stir with wooden spoon to mix evenly.
- Chop chocolate bars into 1/4 inch chunks and mix with semisweet and white chocolate morsels.
- In a large bowl, beat butter with sugars, and vanilla until light and fluffy and sugar has dissolved.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually add dry ingredients, about 1 cup ate a time, beating thoroughly after each addition.
- Fold in chocolate pieces and pecans, mixing well. Add a little milk if dough seems to thick or hard to handle.
- Roll into 2 inch balls and place about 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 9 - 11 minutes. The longer the bake the crisper. Cool completely before removing from pan.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by SandyPTA and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Lulu's Big Chocolate Chunky Cookie Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies