This is a nice, healthy, light dish. However, I found the flavor lacking when I made this and had to add several other spices such as more pepper, garlic salt, and some Asian spice oils I had around. I think the problem may have been the low salt, fat free broth I chose - low on the flavor, but I guess healthier. Overall, I would make again but with modifications.
Lucky Chinese Soup
More From Health
- Calories: 100
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 10g
- Carbohydrate: 7g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 53mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 279mg
- Calcium: 38mg
- 3 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced shiitake mushroom caps (about 2 ounces)
- 1 cup cubed firm tofu (about 6 ounces)
- 1/2 cup canned sliced bamboo shoots, drained
- 1/2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup minced green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon chili oil
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1. Bring broth to a boil in covered 2-quart saucepan; add mushroom slices, tofu, and bamboo shoots. Return to a boil; cook, uncovered, 5 minutes.
- 2. Remove from heat; stir in the fish sauce and remaining ingredients.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note