- 1 (16-oz.) package frozen black-eyed peas
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup red pepper jelly
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 2 large fresh peaches, peeled and diced
- 2 cups torn watercress
How to Make It
Prepare peas according to package directions, simmering only until al dente; drain and let cool 1 hour.
Whisk together cilantro and next 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Add cooked black-eyed peas, bell pepper, and onion, tossing to coat; cover and chill 8 hours. Stir peaches and watercress into pea mixture just before serving.