Lucky 32's Fried Green Tomatoes
Lucky 32 Restaurant. Disclaimer: All our recipes were originally designed for much larger batch size. This recipe has been reduced – but not tested at this scale. Please adjust as to your taste and portion size. This recipe is property of Quaintance-Weaver, Inc.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 5 large slice(s) green tomatoes
- 1/2 cup(s) buttermilk
- 1/2 cup(s) Oyster Fritter Breading
- 4 tablespoon(s) bacon grease or vegetable oil
- Oyster Fritter Breading:
- 1 cup(s) white cornmeal
- 1 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon(s) ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) oregano leaves
- Combine all breading ingredients in a bowl.
- Dredge tomatoes in buttermilk, then in oyster fritter breading.
- Heat bacon grease in sauté pan. Add tomatoes and fry in hot pan until golden brown on both sides.
- We suggest topping each tomato ¼ ounce of goat cheese (or your choice of cheese) and then stacking the tomatoes.
- Best if served with a sauce and/or relish.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note