Luby's Cafeteria Butternut Brownie Pie
Community Recipe from
- 4 extra large egg whies at room temp
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) cream of tartar
- 1 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 14 graham cracker squares broken into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup(s) pecan pieces
- 1 cup(s) heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- pecans for garnish
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Lightly grease or spray with cooking spray a 9" pie plate.
- In large mixing bowl, beat egg whites and baking powder until soft peaks form.
- Add cream of tartar, beating constantly. Add 1 cup of the sugar, a tablespoon at a time, beating constantly until stiff peaks form.
- Using a rubber scraper, fold in graham crackers and pecan pieces.
- Spoon into pie plate.
- Bake 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- In chilled small bowl using chilled beaters, beat cream just until it begins to thicken.
- Add remaining 1/4 cup of sugar and vanilla and continue beating until stiff peaks form, taking care not to overbeat.
- Top pie with whipped cream.
- Sprinkle with pecans and refrigerate until served.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ChristyR93 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Luby's Cafeteria Butternut Brownie Pie Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts
More Recipes for Main Dishes