Luau sauce for baby back ribs
this is cheaters recipe. Take one jar of pineapple preserves no sugar added. One jar of Hatch chili peppers roasted equal amount. add a tad of dried ground chipotle pepper. Add brown sugar if desired but it is not necessary. Mix the ingredients and refrigerate until used. Apply sauce thickly on a rack of ribs and roast at low temperature (250 degrees) for two hours. the ribs should be on a rack in a shallow pan with water. this will assure tender meat and moist, too.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 container(s) pineapple preserves no sugar small pieces
- 1 container(s) Hatch Chili peppers, roasted mashed
- 1 pinch(s) Ground Chipotle Pepper
- 1/4 cup(s) brown sugar (if desired)
- 2 dash(es) liquid smoke
- 1 rack of baby back ribs
- Mis one jar of pineapple preserves with a like size jar of roasted hatch chili peppers. If there are no prepared hatch chili peppers, get them roasted from the store in season and freeze for later use. sprinkle on the chipotle and brown sugar and add a dash or three of liquid smoke. Apply the mixture liberally to the baby back ribs and put ribs on a wire rack in a shallow pan with water. Roast at 250 degrees for about two hours until tender and enjoy.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ColonelJim and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note