- Vidalia Mustard Greens
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups quick-cooking grits
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 to 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 (16-ounce) packages Kielbasa sausage sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups chopped green onions
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
How to Make It
Prepare Vidalia Mustard Greens.
Meanwhile, bring broth to a boil in a Dutch oven; slowly stir in grits. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until done. Remove from heat; stir in 1/2 cup butter and next 3 ingredients. Cover and set aside. (If grits stiffen while shrimp mixture cooks, stir in a little milk before serving.)
Brown sausage in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Remove sausage from skillet, draining oil, and set aside.
Melt 1 tablespoon butter in skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and green onions; sauté 1 minute. Stir in sausage, cream, and shrimp. Cook 4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in wine, salt, and pepper. Serve with Vidalia Mustard Greens over grits.