Lowcountry Shrimp Boil
- 4 pound(s) fresh large shrimp (head-on or head-off)
- 6 quart(s) water
- 3/4 cup(s) old Savannah seafood seasoning
- 2 pound(s) new potatoes, scrubbed & peeled
- 2 pound(s) hot or mild smoked sausage, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 12 ear(s) corn, cleaned and quartered
- 2 pound(s) snow crab (optional)
- Put water and old Savannah seafood seasoning to boil in a large stockpot.
- Add potatoes and cook for 15 minutes. Add sausage and cook for 5 minutes more. Add corn and cook for another 5 minutes. Stir in shrimp and cook until shrimp are pink in color, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- If adding snow or Dungeness crab clusters do so at this time with the shrimp. Drain all the water and immediately and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note