Was a great recipe, husband loved it. Very spicy..only use 1/2 can of peppers if you are not into spice foods. We added whole amount, he couldn't get enough, I needed bread for my mouth was on fire. Will be making again soon, and sharing with other family members.
Lowcountry Boil in a Bowl
More From Coastal Living
- 8 ounces (about 8 slices) bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 orange or red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 pounds (about 4 medium) Yukon gold potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 to 1 canned chipotle chile in adobo, minced
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined shrimp
- Garnish: fresh parsley leaves
- 1. Cook bacon in a large (8-quart) soup pot over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp. Remove bacon from pot with a slotted spoon, reserving 1 teaspoon drippings in pot; set bacon aside.
- 2. Add butter to bacon drippings in pot, and melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and next 4 ingredients; cook 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 3. Stir in broth, potatoes, and chile. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in corn and shrimp; cook 3 minutes or until shrimp are just cooked through. Stir in reserved bacon. Adjust seasonings, if necessary. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews