Low Fat Tasty Ocra Soup
This lovely okra soup can be paired with a slice of toasted wheat bread for a filling tasty meal. Low calorie and low fat.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/4 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 whole(s) onion
- 1 clove(s) garlic
- 1 stick(s) celery
- 1/2 cup(s) chicken broth(fat free or low fat)
- 1/2 whole(s) tomatoes
- 1 cup(s) okra
- 1/4 cup(s) corn kettle
- 1 tablespoon(s) cajun seasoning
- salt and pepper(to taste)
- In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil and over medium-low heat. Add onion, garlic, and celery; sauté, stirring, until celery is tender. Add chicken broth, tomatoes, sliced okra, corn kernels, Cajun seasoning, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, or until okra is tender. Add salt to taste.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by zainabosazin and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note