Low fat meatloaf
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 egg and 2 egg whites
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- 1/4 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1 tbs salt
- 1 tbs Kitchen Bouquet (a browning and seasoning sauce)
- 1 sleeve saltine crackers
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1/4 green pepper chopped
- 2 cans tomato soup
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place turkey, beef, eggs, garlic, cottage cheese, salt and kitchen bouquet in an ungreased 13 x 9 baking pan. Place crackers in a food processor and make crumbs. Pour into baking pan. Process onions and pour into baking pan, then green pepper and pour into baking pan. Mix all ingredients and separate into two loaves. Cover and bake one hour.
- Remove cover and drain fat. Mix tomato soup with water and pour over loaves. Return to oven for 15 minutes uncovered. I like to break off small pieces of the meatloaf and mix with the tomato gravy.
- To make in a crock pot: Mix ingredients the same as for baking. Place in the bottom of a crockpot, cover and cook for 6-8 hours on low. I usually bake it the entire 8 hours. To remove, cut the meatloaf in half. Mix tomato soup with water in a saucepan, bring to a boil, then pour over meat prior to serving
This recipe is a personal recipe added by AuntieMel and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note