Low Fat Granola
This recipe uses apple sauce instead of a lot of oil to make a delicious, healthy granola. Ingredients can vary according to your personal likes. I often put ground flax seed for an added healthy boost. I also usually double the recipe because it goes fast in our house.
- 2 1/2 cup(s) old fashioned oats
- 1 cup(s) nuts (pecans, walnuts, almonds) chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/4 cup(s) sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup(s) brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 cup(s) unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) honey
- 1 tablespoon(s) oil (canola or coconut)
- 1/3 cup(s) raisins or dried cherries, cranberries
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- In a large bowl, mix together all dry ingredients (not dried fruit). Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, warm the applesauce, honey and oil together.
- Mix the applesauce mixture into the oat mixture and stir to coat everything.
- Spread the mixture onto a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and stir in raisins/dried cherries or cranberries. Cool.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Dlowery and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Low Fat Granola Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch