Low-Fat Chef's Salad
Serve a hearty main-dish salad that's loaded with fresh, colorful ingredients. Crumbled bacon and skinless chicken provide plenty of protein.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 209
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 18g
- Carbohydrate: 8g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 46mg
- Sodium: 333mg
- 1 (4 oz.) boneless, skinless chicken breast half
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 strips turkey bacon
- 2 ounces sliced low-fat Swiss cheese, cut into slivers
- 2 ounces reduced-fat yellow Cheddar cheese, sliced into slivers
- 0.5 ounce sliced turkey pepperoni, cut into slivers
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 large tomato, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1 (7 or 8 oz.) bag baby romaine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper on both sides. Cook over medium heat in a grill pan or gas grill, turning once, about 10 minutes total. Let chicken cool, and then cut into thin slices. Cut slices into slivers.
- Cook bacon in microwave until crisp; let cool completely on a paper towel.
- In a large salad bowl, combine Swiss cheese, Cheddar cheese, pepperoni, radish, tomato, cucumber and carrot. Add chicken, lettuce, oil and vinegar. Toss well, crumble bacon on top and toss again. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note