- 1 can (10 oz.) refrigerated pizza crust dough
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded low-fat, reduced-fat, light, or part-skim mozzarella, jack, or Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan or sap sago cheese
- 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup slivered fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon hot chili flakes
- calories 370
- caloriesfromfat 29 %
- protein 15 g
- fat 12 g
- satfat 4 g
- carbohydrate 47 g
- fiber 4.8 g
- sodium 900 mg
- cholesterol 4 mg
How to Make It
Unfold dough. In a lightly oiled 12- to 14-inch pizza pan or on a 14- by 17-inch baking sheet, pat dough into a 12-inch-wide round with a slightly thicker 1/2-inch-wide rim.
Bake crust on lowest rack in a 425° oven until lightly browned on the bottom, 6 to 8 minutes (5 to 6 minutes in a convection oven).
In a bowl, combine tomato paste, 2 tablespoons water, and oregano.
Spread tomato mixture over crust, but not rim. Sprinkle with capers. Drop shredded mozzarella cheese in clusters onto tomato mixture, then sprinkle with parmesan.
Return pizza to lowest oven rack and bake until mozzarella softens, about 3 minutes (2 minutes in a convection oven). Scatter basil leaves and chili flakes over pizza.