Low-Fat 7 Minute Frosting
Community Recipe from
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup(s) cold water
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- Place all of the ingredients except the vanilla in a double boiler over boiling water. Beat constantly with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form, 4-7 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add the vanilla. Beat to spreading consistency.
- Citrus Low-Fat 7-Minute Frosting: Replace the water with lemon, orange, or lime juice. Spoon in 1 tablespoon of zest.
- Coffee Low-Fat 7-Minute Frosting: Replace the granulated sugar with brown sugar. Dissolve 2 tablespoons of instant coffee powder in 1/3 cup hot water and omit cold water.
- Pepperming Low-Fat 7-Minute Frosting: Replace vanilla with 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract. After frosting has cooled, fold in 1/3 cup crushed peppermint candies.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by humboldt29 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Low-Fat 7 Minute Frosting Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cakes/Frostings
More Recipes for Main Dishes