low carb sheperds pie
Serving Size: 1 (288 g) Servings Per Recipe: 8 Amount Per Serving % Daily Value Calories 506.9 Calories from Fat 343 67% Total Fat 38.2 g 58% Saturated Fat 18.2 g 91% Cholesterol 155.6 mg 51% Sodium 407.6 mg 16% Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g 2% Dietary Fiber 3.1 g 12% Sugars 2.6 g 10% Protein 32.6 g
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 slice(s) bacon choped
- 2 pound(s) ground beef
- 1/2 cup(s) onion chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1 egg beaten
- 8 ounce(s) chedder cheese shreadded divided
- 16 ounce(s) green beans
- 16 ounce(s) frozen cauliflower
- 3 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1/4 cup(s) sour cream
- In large skillet, fry bacon until crisp; drain well and set aside.
- In same skillet, brown the hamburger and onion, seasoning with salt and pepper; drain fat.
- In 8"x12" baking dish, mix hamburger, bacon, onion and garlic powders.
- Check seasoning for salt and adjust if needed, then stir in the beaten egg and 1/2 the cheese.
- Spread over bottom of baking dish.
- Meanwhile, in medium pot, cook green beans according to package directions; drain well then return to pot and stir in 1 tablespoon butter.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Spread beans over meat layer. In same pot, cook cauliflower 10-12 minutes until very tender; drain well.
- Put cauliflower, 2 tablespoons butter and sour cream in food processor.
- Puree until smooth.
- Adjust seasoning, if necessary, then spread evenly over green beans.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top.
- Bake at 350º for 35 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
- Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/low-carb-shepherds-pie-119859?oc=linkback
This recipe is a personal recipe added by brierose and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
low carb sheperds pie Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Casseroles