DON'T USE MUFFIN PAPER LINERS. all of the muffin will stick to it. i am eating paper. Needs flavour, spices, add a banana maybe! i will next time. Came to 107 calories using the brands i used, i substituted pastry flour by using 1 cup flour and 2 cups bran wheat. I cant imagine how this added to calories, i can only guess that the original didn't add properly, as 60 calories is crazy low! but then again, tastes as good as something that'd be 60 calories..
Low-Calorie Wheat Bran Muffins
These can be made with berries, raisins, or any fruit. Extremely low in calories for muffins, these become a healthy snack rather than a guilty pleasure. 67 calories a muffin with apple and unsweetened almond milk.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 whole(s) cored, peeled and diced apple.
- 2 whole(s) egg whites
- 1 cup(s) non-fat milk (may use unsweetened almond or soy)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/3 cup(s) splenda
- 1/2 cup(s) unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1.5 cup(s) wheat bran
- 1/2 cup(s) whole wheat pastry flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or use paper muffin liners. Mix together wheat bran and milk/yogurt, and let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together applesauce, egg whites, splenda/sugar, and vanilla. Beat in bran mixture. Sift together all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Stir into bran mixture until just blended. Fold in fruit. Scoop into muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until tops spring back when lightly tapped. (~18 minutes)
This recipe is a personal recipe added by nl1098 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note