Low-Cal, Low-Carb, All-Natural Flax Seed & Almond Flour Banana Muffins
These all-natural muffins have it all: they're low in calories, low in carbs, high in fiber and high in protein! To personalize them, add fruits/nuts or tinker with making them vegan or gluten-free. If you're more concerned about fat than carbs, decrease the amount of almond meal/flour and increase the amount of all-purpose flour. Note: If you take out the all-purpose flour completely, you may have trouble getting them to rise.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) banana mashed
- 1 cup(s) Bob's Red Mill Whole Round Flax Seed Meal
- 3/4 cup(s) Bob's Red Mill Almond Meal/Flour
- 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 2/3 cup(s) Stevia in the Raw, Splenda or sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 pinch(s) cinnamon
- 1 pinch(s) nutmeg
- 1/4 cup(s) 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 12 muffin papers/tins
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Soften butter. Combine butter and Stevia in medium-sized bowl. The Stevia is so light that an electric mixer will probably shower you with a cloud of it; instead, try folding it together with a rubber spatula. Aim for a crumbly mixture. For a sweeter muffin, use Splenda or sugar instead of Stevia -- or add fruit.
- Add eggs and mix well (use an electric mixer now if you like).
- Stir in mashed bananas. (Make sure you mash them - if you don't, they won't mix properly. Two large bananas or three small ones should yield you one cup mashed.)
- Stir in milk, vanilla extract, Flax Seed Meal, Almond Meal/Flour, All-Purpose Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Salt, Cinnamon and Nutmeg. Mix well.
- Pour into muffin pan (lined with muffin papers/tins). Bake at 350 for 28-35 minutes. Aim for crispy brown tops to ensure that the muffins are fully done in the middle.
- Yields 12 muffins.
- Nutrition facts per muffin (using Stevia, not sugar):
- 153 calories
- 11g fat
- 3g saturated fat
- 11g carbohydrates
- 4g fiber
- 3g sugar
- 5g protein
This recipe is a personal recipe added by apendol1 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note