More From Southern Living
Bake: 30 Minutes
- 1 (1-lb.) package ground pork sausage
- 1 (8-oz.) package frozen cream cheese jalapeño poppers
- 1 sleeve round buttery crackers, crushed
- 1. Divide sausage into 10 equal portions; press 1 portion around each popper, covering completely. Roll in cracker crumbs. Place on a wire rack in a jelly-roll pan.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until thoroughly cooked. Drain briefly on paper towels. Cut in half before serving.
- Homemade Variation: Substitute 2 (7-oz.) cans pickled whole jalapeño peppers, drained, for frozen poppers. Cut stem ends off each jalapeño pepper. Remove and discard seeds and membranes. Place 1/2 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened, in a zip-top plastic bag. Seal bag, and snip a small hole in 1 corner of bag. Pipe cream cheese into hollowed peppers. Cover stuffed peppers evenly with sausage as directed, making sure each pepper is completely covered by sausage so that cheese is sealed inside. Continue preparing and baking stuffed peppers as directed in Steps 1 and 2.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Poppers Cream Cheese Jalapeños and La Costeña Green Pickled Jalapeño Peppers.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This