This is excellent! I really like the little kick from the red pepper (reminds me of cheese straws). The only thing I might do next time is save and drained juice from the pimentos and add a bit to the end because I really like the pimento flavor, plus it will help it from tightening too much in the refrigerator.
Louis Osteen's Pimiento Cheese
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lydia Degaris Pursell
If you like creamy pimiento cheese, then Louis Osteen's Pimiento Cheese that's made with cream cheese and sharp Cheddar cheese is the spread for you.
Yield: Makes about 4 cups
- 6 cups freshly grated sharp Cheddar cheese (1 1/2 lb.)
- 1/2 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon grated yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (7-oz.) jar whole peeled pimiento, drained and cut into fourths
- Garnish: freshly ground pepper
- Beat Cheddar cheese, cream cheese, mayonnaise, yellow onion, and ground red pepper with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer at medium speed 1 to 2 minutes or until blended but not smooth. Add pimiento; beat 1 to 2 minutes or until pimiento is shredded and mixture is blended and somewhat smooth. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note