Pimento cheese is one of my favorites. I have always purchased it pre-made from the store. NEVER AGAIN! This recipe is absolutely delicious. In fact, I have found myself having a hard time not going to the fridge for "just one more"...I have a stand-up mixer and what a breeze to throw together. I'm in heaven! I can't wait until our next party for my pimento cheese debut!
Louis Osteen's Pimiento Cheese
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lydia Degaris Pursell
- 6 cups freshly grated sharp Cheddar cheese (1 1/2 lb.)
- 1/2 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon grated yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (7-oz.) jar whole peeled pimiento, drained and cut into fourths
- Garnish: freshly ground pepper
- Beat Cheddar cheese, cream cheese, mayonnaise, yellow onion, and ground red pepper with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer at medium speed 1 to 2 minutes or until blended but not smooth. Add pimiento; beat 1 to 2 minutes or until pimiento is shredded and mixture is blended and somewhat smooth. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers