Am from the south, have never had better. First had this pimiento cheese at Louis Osteen's Charleston Grill, 1991, located in The Omni hotel in Charleston, SC. He served this pimiento cheese at Friday happy hour with giant flat bread. Always remembered it. Purchased his cookbook a few years back, which I love, just for this recipe. A guaranteed crowd pleaser, and, it never fails... "this is the best pimento cheese! What is the recipe?" The grated onion is genius!
Louis Osteen's Pimiento Cheese
If you like creamy pimiento cheese, then Louis Osteen's Pimiento Cheese that's made with cream cheese and sharp Cheddar cheese is the spread for you.
Yield: Makes about 4 cups
- 6 cups freshly grated sharp Cheddar cheese (1 1/2 lb.)
- 1/2 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon grated yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (7-oz.) jar whole peeled pimiento, drained and cut into fourths
- Garnish: freshly ground pepper
- Beat Cheddar cheese, cream cheese, mayonnaise, yellow onion, and ground red pepper with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer at medium speed 1 to 2 minutes or until blended but not smooth. Add pimiento; beat 1 to 2 minutes or until pimiento is shredded and mixture is blended and somewhat smooth. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers