This is excellent! I really like the little kick from the red pepper (reminds me of cheese straws). The only thing I might do next time is save and drained juice from the pimentos and add a bit to the end because I really like the pimento flavor, plus it will help it from tightening too much in the refrigerator.
Louis Osteen's Pimiento Cheese
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lydia Degaris Pursell
- 6 cups freshly grated sharp Cheddar cheese (1 1/2 lb.)
- 1/2 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon grated yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (7-oz.) jar whole peeled pimiento, drained and cut into fourths
- Garnish: freshly ground pepper
- Beat Cheddar cheese, cream cheese, mayonnaise, yellow onion, and ground red pepper with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer at medium speed 1 to 2 minutes or until blended but not smooth. Add pimiento; beat 1 to 2 minutes or until pimiento is shredded and mixture is blended and somewhat smooth. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This