Didn't have pecans. Am sure they'd have been a super addition. I agree with the reviewer who suggested less sugar.
Los Rios Apple Crisp
Notes: This crisp has become a classic at Los Rios Rancho's bakery.
Yield: Makes 9 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 404
- Calories from fat: 38%
- Protein: 3.8g
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated fat: 7g
- Carbohydrate: 62g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Sodium: 112mg
- Cholesterol: 28mg
- 8 cups peeled, cored, and thinly sliced apples such as Gravenstein, Granny Smith, or Stayman Winesap (about 2 1/4 lb. total)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons unbleached or regular all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup regular rolled oats
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1/4 lb.) butter or margarine, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- 1. In a 9-inch square baking dish or shallow 1 1/2- to 2-quart casserole, mix apples with granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, and cinnamon.
- 2. In a bowl, combine rolled oats, brown sugar, butter, and 3/4 cup flour. Rub with your fingers until butter pieces are no longer distinguishable. Stir in chopped pecans. Sprinkle topping evenly over apples.
- 3. Bake dessert in the middle of a 350° oven until apples are tender when pierced and topping is browned, 45 minutes to 1 hour. If topping browns first, drape with foil.
- 4. Spoon the apple crisp, warm or cool, into bowls. Top portions with vanilla ice cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note