Didn't have pecans. Am sure they'd have been a super addition. I agree with the reviewer who suggested less sugar.
Los Rios Apple Crisp
Notes: This crisp has become a classic at Los Rios Rancho's bakery.
Yield: Makes 9 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 404
- Calories from fat: 38%
- Protein: 3.8g
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated fat: 7g
- Carbohydrate: 62g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Sodium: 112mg
- Cholesterol: 28mg
- 8 cups peeled, cored, and thinly sliced apples such as Gravenstein, Granny Smith, or Stayman Winesap (about 2 1/4 lb. total)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons unbleached or regular all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup regular rolled oats
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1/4 lb.) butter or margarine, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- 1. In a 9-inch square baking dish or shallow 1 1/2- to 2-quart casserole, mix apples with granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, and cinnamon.
- 2. In a bowl, combine rolled oats, brown sugar, butter, and 3/4 cup flour. Rub with your fingers until butter pieces are no longer distinguishable. Stir in chopped pecans. Sprinkle topping evenly over apples.
- 3. Bake dessert in the middle of a 350° oven until apples are tender when pierced and topping is browned, 45 minutes to 1 hour. If topping browns first, drape with foil.
- 4. Spoon the apple crisp, warm or cool, into bowls. Top portions with vanilla ice cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This