Tasty cookies, and fun to decorate... but be aware that they spread out when they bake, they didn't come out as balls, even though I chilled the dough.
Lookie-Lookie Cookie Pops
These fun, kid-friendly, and super yummy cookie pops are the perfect treat for Halloween! Your friends and family will not be able to resist one–or two, or three.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- candy coating: white, orange and dark chocolate
- small candies, lollipop sticks
- Beat butter and shortening until fluffy; add sugars, beating well. Beat in eggs, oil and vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine flour and remaining ingredients except candy coating, candies and sticks. Cover and chill 2 hours. Shape dough into 1 1/2 inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Insert a stick about one inch into each ball. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 11 minutes, until set. Let cool 2 minutes on baking sheets; cool completely on wire racks. Coat with melted candy coating. Decorate with candies. Pipe whiskers with white candy coating.
Here's a quick way to candy coat your cookie pops: Place a cooling rack up high supported between 2 cake mix boxes. Cover with waxed paper. After dipping the cookie pops, poke the stick through the waxed paper on the rack and let cool.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note