the worst 4-berry pie recipe ever!! do not use this recipe!! it was an embarrassment to serve this pie!!! it was pure berry soup! i followed the directions exactly as instructed. it looked just like the picture above and i promise you it is pure soup.
Longhorn Restaurant Four-Berry Pie
Notes: Prepare Sunset's Favorite Pie Pastry or the Sunglow Pie Pastry, or use 1 package (15-oz.) refrigerated pastry and follow steps 5 and 6 of the Sunset recipe to line pan, position top crust, and flute edges.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 453
- Calories from fat: 44%
- Protein: 4g
- Fat: 22g
- Saturated fat: 9.6g
- Carbohydrate: 62g
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Sodium: 263mg
- Cholesterol: 31mg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted and cooled
- 5 cups mixed fresh berries (1 1/4 cups each blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, and 1/4-inch-thick slices of strawberries), rinsed and drained
- Pastry for a 9-inch double-crust pie (see notes)
- 1. In a bowl, mix sugar, cornstarch, and butter. Gently stir in berries.
- 2. Scrape berry mixture into unbaked bottom crust in pan. Cover with top crust and flute edges. Line a 12-inch pizza pan or a 10- by 15-inch baking pan with foil (to catch drips) and set pie on foil.
- 3. Bake on bottom rack of a 375° regular oven or 350° convection oven until filling bubbles in center (check through cutout or slits), 45 to 55 minutes in regular oven, about 1 1/2 hours in convection. If crust browns too quickly (check after 40 minutes), cover pie loosely with foil.
- 4. Let pie cool on a rack at least 3 hours. Cut into wedges and serve, or chill airtight up to 1 day.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts
Food & Wine