I agree that this was just okay - although I enjoyed the flavors (particularly the ginger and peanut) the sauce was too dry and a bit sticky, and the dish was lacking in overall spice/seasoning.
Use the longest noodles you can find for this recipe; the length represents a wish for a long and happy life. The Chinese show respect for their elders at celebrations by serving them extra long noodles. Remember to serve the elders first.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 213
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 6.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Protein: 13.2g
- Carbohydrate: 26g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 16mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 153mg
- Calcium: 27mg
- Peanut Sauce:
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh onion
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 8 ounces uncooked thin spaghetti
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup snow peas, trimmed
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup diagonally sliced green onions
- To prepare sauce, heat oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, 1 teaspoon ginger, and garlic; sauté 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in soy milk, peanut butter, and juice; cook 3 minutes or until peanut butter is completely melted, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; cool completely.
- To prepare marinade, combine wine, soy sauce, 2 teaspoons ginger, cornstarch, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper in a medium bowl. Add chicken; toss to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- To prepare noodles, cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and rinse. Set aside.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add chicken; sauté 2 minutes or until done. Add snow peas and carrot; sauté 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in peanut sauce, salt, and black pepper. Add noodles; toss well. Sprinkle with green onions.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note