Lone Star Cilantro-Jalapeño Mayonnaise
Notes: Chef Manuel Valdez of Lone Star makes his mayonnaise from scratch; for food safety at home, this sauce starts with prepared mayonnaise.
This recipe goes with Taco Bar for a Party
Yield: Makes about 2 1/4 cups
- 1 3/4 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 rinsed and stemmed fresh jalapeño chili
- 1 peeled garlic clove
- 1/2 cup lightly packed fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Salt to taste
- In a blender or food processor, combine 1 3/4 cups mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons water, 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar, 1 rinsed and stemmed fresh jalapeño chili (remove seeds for less heat), 1 peeled garlic clove, 1/2 cup lightly packed fresh cilantro, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Whirl until smooth. Add salt to taste.
- Nutritional analysis per tablespoon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes
Food & Wine