Very tasty and easy to prepare.
Open-Faced Lone Star Burgers
If you're in the mood for a juicy burger, try these Open-Faced Lone Star Burgers. Cook in a skillet and serve them on Texas toast for an unforgettable meal.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Colby Jack cheese, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 6 slices frozen garlic Texas toast
- 1 8-oz. can tomato sauce
- In a large bowl, combine onion, garlic, thyme and one cup cheese. Crumble beef over top and mix well. Form into 6 oval-shaped patties. In a large skillet, cook patties over medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes per side, to desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, prepare toast according to package directions. Drain patties; set aside and keep warm.
- Add remaining ingredients to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Return burgers to skillet; turn to coat. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Serve burgers on toast.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches