Lone Star Brisket in Chili Sauce and Beer
- 1 (5- to 7-pound) beef brisket, trimmed
- 2 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium-sized red onions, thinly sliced and seperated into rings
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle chili sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 (12-ounce) can beer
- Sprinkle brisket with salt, pepper, and garlic. Place half each of onion rings and celery in bottom of a lightly greased roasting pan. Place brisket over vegetables, fat side up. Top with remaining onion rings and celery. Pour chili sauce and 1/4 cup water over top.
- Bake at 300º for 1 1/2 hours, basting every 30 minutes. Pour beer over brisket. Tightly cover pan with double-layered heavy-duty aluminum foil, and bake 3 to 4 more hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes