Maybe I was expecting for this to taste like a gyro and was disappointed.
London Broil Sandwiches with Yogurt-Cucumber Sauce
More From Southern Living
Other: 8 Hours, 5 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 402
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 4.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 31g
- Carbohydrate: 43g
- Fiber: 5.6g
- Cholesterol: 57mg
- Iron: 4.4mg
- Sodium: 518mg
- Calcium: 79mg
- 1 1/2 pounds London broil (about 3/4-inch thick)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Greek seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (8-ounce) container plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dillweed
- 6 pita bread rounds
- Shredded lettuce
- 1 large tomato, diced
- Garnishes: fresh dill, lemon wedges, cucumber slices
- Place beef between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/2-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Combine garlic and next 3 ingredients in a shallow dish or large heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; add beef. Cover or seal, and chill 8 hours. Remove beef from marinade, discarding marinade.
- Stir together yogurt and next 3 ingredients. Set aside.
- Grill beef, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (300° to 350°) 7 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut into thin slices.
- Place beef evenly down center of warm pita rounds. Top with yogurt mixture, lettuce, and tomato; roll up. Garnish, if desired, and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note