Its ok. For the time I'd rather throw a higher quality cut with my usual seasoning.
London Broil with Chimichurri
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 323
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated fat: 3.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 8.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Protein: 29g
- Carbohydrate: 14g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 70mg
- Iron: 4mg
- Sodium: 431mg
- Calcium: 89mg
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, divided
- 1 green onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 pound flank steak, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 4 (1-ounce) slices whole-grain bread or Italian bread
- 1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 2. Place parsley, 1 1/2 tablespoons oil, oregano, vinegar, red pepper, 1 garlic clove, and green onion in a food processor; process until finely chopped. Rub 2 tablespoons parsley mixture evenly over steak; reserve remaining parsley mixture. Let steak stand at room temperature 15 minutes.
- 3. Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper. Place steak on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill, covered, 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Place steak on a cutting board; let stand 10 minutes. Cut across the grain into thin slices.
- 4. Brush both sides of bread slices with remaining 1 tablespoon oil; grill 2 minutes on each side or until toasted. Cut remaining garlic clove in half; rub cut sides of garlic over toasted bread. Serve toast with steak and reserved parsley mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note