- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, divided
- 1 green onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 pound flank steak, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 4 (1-ounce) slices whole-grain bread or Italian bread
- calories 323
- fat 16 g
- satfat 3.8 g
- monofat 8.6 g
- polyfat 1.7 g
- protein 29 g
- carbohydrate 14 g
- fiber 3 g
- cholesterol 70 mg
- iron 4 mg
- sodium 431 mg
- calcium 89 mg
How to Make It
Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
Place parsley, 1 1/2 tablespoons oil, oregano, vinegar, red pepper, 1 garlic clove, and green onion in a food processor; process until finely chopped. Rub 2 tablespoons parsley mixture evenly over steak; reserve remaining parsley mixture. Let steak stand at room temperature 15 minutes.
Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper. Place steak on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill, covered, 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Place steak on a cutting board; let stand 10 minutes. Cut across the grain into thin slices.
Brush both sides of bread slices with remaining 1 tablespoon oil; grill 2 minutes on each side or until toasted. Cut remaining garlic clove in half; rub cut sides of garlic over toasted bread. Serve toast with steak and reserved parsley mixture.