Although the marinade helps tenderize this large cu.t of meat, you. should also make sure to slice it very thinly against the grain on a slight bias. We found that a serrated knife works best.
Total Time: 9 Hours, 30 Minutes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) cola
- 0.25 cup(s) red wine vinegar
- 0.5 small white onion grated
- course salt and ground pepper
- 0.25 cup(s) safflower oil
- 6 pound(s) London broil
- 1. Combine cola, vinegar, onion,
- garlic, 1 teaspoon pepper, and
- the oil in a bowl. Place steak in a
- large resealable plastic bag, and
- pour marinade over steak. Seal
- bag, pressing out excess air. Refrigerate
- at least 8 hours.
- 2. Let steak (in bag) stand at
- room temperature 1 hour. Remove
- steak from marinade, and
- discard marinade. Brush off
- any remaining onion and garlic
- from steak to prevent burning,
- and season with 1 tablespoon salt
- and 1 teaspoon pepper.
- 3. Meanwhile, preheat grill to
- medium-high, and brush
- grates with oil. Grill steak until
- internal temperature reaches
- 115° for medium-rare (residual
- heat will continue to cook meat),
- 10 to 11 minutes per side.
- Transfer steak to a cutting board,
- and let rest, tented with foil, at least 15 minutes and up to one hour. Very thinly slice steak against the grain, and serve warm or at room temperature.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JanetDMiller and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
LONDON BROIL Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes