Loews Grilled-Fish Tacos
- 2 whole striped bass or rockfish (1 1/2 to 2 lbs. each), cleaned and scaled
- 16 thyme sprigs
- 12 dill sprigs
- 2 dried or fresh bay leaves
- 8 cloves garlic, sliced
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 12 warm corn tortillas
- Tomatillo salsa
- About 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- About 1/2 cup chopped Roma tomatoes
- About 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges
- 1. Rinse fish and pat dry; stuff cavities with thyme, dill, bay leaves, and garlic. Rub outside of fish with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 2. Place fish on a grill over a solid bed of medium-hot coals or on a gas grill set at medium-high (you can hold your hand at grill level only 3 to 4 seconds); close lid on gas grill.
- 3. Cook, turning once with a wide spatula, until fish is opaque but still moist-looking in thickest part (cut to test), 18 to 20 minutes total. Transfer to a serving platter.
- 4. To assemble each taco, stack 2 tortillas; top with chunks pulled from fish, salsa, lettuce, tomatoes, and cilantro. Squeeze lime over filling, fold tortillas, and eat.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches