This was pretty good, I think I would do squash, onions, bell pepper and onions next time! But other than that it was okay.
Local Farmers' Market Pizza
Allowing the dough to come to room temperature will ease the rolling-out process.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 1 Hour
- Calories: 355
- Fat: 11.6g
- Saturated fat: 4.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Protein: 14.2g
- Carbohydrate: 51.4g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Cholesterol: 23mg
- Iron: 2.9mg
- Sodium: 611mg
- Calcium: 87mg
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 cups thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (about 2 ears)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) refrigerated fresh pizza crust dough
- Cooking spray
- 5 ounces thinly sliced fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup (1 1/2 ounces) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Position an oven rack in the next to lowest setting. Place a 16-inch pizza pan on the rack.
- 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil to pan, and swirl to coat. Add 2 cups onion and thyme to pan; cook for 3 minutes or until the onion is tender, stirring occasionally. Add bell pepper and garlic to pan; cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add corn, salt, and black pepper to pan; cook for 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.
- 3. Roll dough into a 16-inch circle on a lightly floured surface. Remove pan from oven. Coat the pan with cooking spray. Place dough on pan. Arrange mozzarella slices evenly over dough. Spread the corn mixture evenly over cheese, and top with Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Bake at 425° for 23 minutes. Arrange tomatoes evenly over pizza; bake an additional 5 minutes or until crust is browned. Remove from oven; sprinkle with basil. Cut into 6 slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note