Local Clams with Herb Butter
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons whole coriander seeds, toasted and crushed, or 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 red jalapeÃ±o chiles, seeded and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup lime zest
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 24 clams in shells, scrubbed
- 1 1/4 cups water, divided
- 1 baguette, sliced
- 1 lime, sliced
- Garnishes: chopped fresh cilantro, green onions
- Combine butter and next 8 ingredients in a large bowl; chill until ready to use.
- Combine clams and 3/4 cup water in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer 5 minutes or until clams open. Discard clams that remain closed. Drain; return clams to pan. Add butter mixture and remaining 1/2 cup water to pan. Cook over medium-high heat 2 minutes or until butter melts.
- Grill bread and lime slices 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Arrange bread on platter, top with clams and butter sauce, and serve with grilled lime slices. Garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes