Absolutely STUNNING dish. And its only 6 points on the Weight Watchers system. This is a win-win recipe for a luscious treat or even for guests. This one will have a permanent place in our recipe collection.
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 419
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 13.5g
- Saturated fat: 7.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 50.2g
- Carbohydrate: 23.3g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 159mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 883mg
- Calcium: 480mg
- 3 cups water
- 4 large lobster tails (about 28 ounces)
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped shallots (about 1 large)
- 2 (8-ounce) packages presliced mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Dash of white pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded reduced-fat, reduced-sodium Swiss cheese (such as Alpine Lace)
- 2/3 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- Bring 3 cups water to a boil in a stockpot. Place a vegetable steamer or rack in bottom of pan. Add lobster tails. Cover and steam for 8 minutes or until done. Cool to room temperature. Remove meat from cooked lobster tails; chop meat into bite-sized pieces (you should have about 1 3/4 cups chopped meat). Cover and chill.
- Place lobster shells in a large zip-top plastic bag. Coarsely crush shells using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Combine shells and milk in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer; cook 5 minutes (do not boil). Remove from heat; cover and let stand 30 minutes. Strain mixture through a fine mesh sieve into a bowl; discard solids. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots; sauté 2 minutes or until soft. Add mushrooms; sauté 4 minutes or until liquid begins to evaporate. Stir in sherry, and cook 1 minute.
- Combine reserved milk mixture, flour, black pepper, and white pepper in a small bowl; stir with a whisk until smooth. Add milk mixture to pan; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute or until thickened, stirring constantly. Stir in basil and tarragon; cook for 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Add reserved lobster meat, cream, and salt, stirring to combine. Divide mixture evenly among each of 4 (1 1/2-cup) gratin dishes coated with cooking spray.
- Combine cheese, panko, and melted butter in a small bowl; toss to combine. Sprinkle about 1/3 cup panko mixture over each gratin. Bake at 450° for 12 minutes or until topping is browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This