Lobster Tamarind Sauce
- Reserved lobster head, body, and tail shells
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup tamarind paste (from Asian or gourmet market)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 5 1/3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- Sauté lobster head, body, and tail shells in hot oil in a large pot over high heat 2 to 3 minutes. Add onion, carrot, and celery, and sauté 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in brandy, and cook 1 minute. Stir in tamarind paste, tomato paste, and broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 45 minutes.
- Process one-third of mixture in a blender or food processor until shells are coarsely chopped. Pour mixture through a wire-mesh strainer into a large saucepan, pressing down with back of a wooden spoon. Discard shells. Repeat procedure twice.
- Add cream to sauce, and cook over medium-high heat until thoroughly heated. Stir in salt and hot sauce.
- NOTE: If there is any extra sauce, serve with hot pasta or other grilled seafood.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments