Lobster-Stuffed Tenderloin Of Beef
- 2 lobster tails
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (3-pound) whole beef tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 6 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/8 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Fresh parsley sprigs (optional)
- Whole mushrooms (optional)
- Tomato roses (optional)
- Place lobster tails and salt in a medium saucepan, and cover with water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Carefully remove lobster tails from shells. Cut each piece of lobster tail meat in half lengthwise, and set aside.
- Cut a horizontal pocket to within 1/2-inch of opposite side of tenderloin, slicing entire length of tenderloin. Carefully stuff lobster, end to end, inside tenderloin. Combine melted butter and lemon juice; drizzle on lobster. Bind meat with cord or skewers to secure opening. Transfer tenderloin to rack in a broiler pan, and set aside.
- Cook bacon in a skillet until crisp; drain, reserving drippings. Crumble bacon; set aside.
- Brush entire surface of tenderloin with bacon drippings. Insert meat thermometer in tenderloin, making sure it does not touch roasting pan. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes, or until thermometer registers 130° (rare). Sprinkle top of meat with crumbled bacon.
- Sauté green onion and garlic in 1/2 cup butter. Add wine, and heat thoroughly. Serve sauce with sliced tenderloin. Garnish with parsley sprigs, mushrooms, and tomato roses, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes