- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 8 white button mushrooms, trimmed and quartered
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 3/4 cup amontillado or other medium-dry sherry
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 parsnips, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 3/4 cup petite green peas
- 2 cups fish broth or lobster stock*
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 3 (1-pound) lobsters, cooked, picked, and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
How to Make It
Melt butter in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; sauté 3 to 4 minutes or until mushrooms begin to brown. Add shallot; cook 4 minutes or until translucent. Add sherry, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of pan.
Add carrots, parsnips, potatoes, and peas to pan; stir in fish broth.
Bring mixture to a boil. Stir in cream, and return mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 12 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in lobster, salt, and pepper. Add parsley and chives; serve immediately.
*Note: Go to coastalliving.com for a great lobster stock recipe.