Lobster Seviche with Grilled Fennel
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Julia Rutland
- 2 (2-pound) live lobsters
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 cups sliced fennel (about 2 bulbs)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 English cucumber, cut in half lengthwise and thinly sliced
- Garnishes: Lime wedges, fresh mint
- Plunge lobsters headfirst into boiling water, and boil 5 minutes. (Lobster will not be fully cooked.) Remove shell, and chop tail and claw meat into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Combine lobster, lime juice, and lemon juice in a plastic or glass bowl. Cover and refrigerate 1 1/2 hours.
- Brush fennel slices with 1/3 cup olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Combine remaining olive oil, lobster, fennel, red onion, and next 3 ingredients. Season to taste with salt and pepper. If mixture is too tart, add a pinch of sugar. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes