Lobster shells cooked in lobster stock boosts the flavor factor in the pasta sauce.
This recipe goes with Seafood Pasta
Coastal Living NOVEMBER 2009
1. Wrap star anise, peppercorns, and, if desired, lobster shells in a piece of cheesecloth, and tie with kitchen string; set aside.
2. Heat 1/4 cup butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add carrot and next 3 ingredients; cook 8 minutes or until tender.
3. Deglaze pan with cognac. Cook 10 minutes or until reduced to 1/4 cup.
4. Add lobster stock and spice bundle. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 20 to 30 minutes or until reduced by half. Cool slightly.
5. Remove spice bundle; puree vegetable mixture in a blender until smooth. Strain mixture, and return to saucepan; cook over low heat until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat. Whisk in 1/2 cup butter.
Go to full version of