Lobster shells cooked in lobster stock boosts the flavor factor in the pasta sauce.
This recipe goes with Seafood Pasta
Yield: Makes 3 cups
- 3 pieces star anise
- 1 tablespoon white peppercorns
- Shells from 1 lobster, optional
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 fennel bulb, chopped
- 1 cup cognac
- 4 cups lobster, fish, or seafood stock
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1. Wrap star anise, peppercorns, and, if desired, lobster shells in a piece of cheesecloth, and tie with kitchen string; set aside.
- 2. Heat 1/4 cup butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add carrot and next 3 ingredients; cook 8 minutes or until tender.
- 3. Deglaze pan with cognac. Cook 10 minutes or until reduced to 1/4 cup.
- 4. Add lobster stock and spice bundle. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 20 to 30 minutes or until reduced by half. Cool slightly.
- 5. Remove spice bundle; puree vegetable mixture in a blender until smooth. Strain mixture, and return to saucepan; cook over low heat until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat. Whisk in 1/2 cup butter.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments