Lobster Salad with Walnut Aïoli
- 2 slices stale bread, crusts removed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked lobster tails, shelled and cut into chunks*
- 6 leaves Bibb lettuce
- Garnish: chili oil, lemon wedges, fresh thyme
- Place bread slices in a shallow dish; cover with water. Let stand 1 minute or until bread soaks up water; squeeze excess water from bread.
- Pulse walnuts in a food processor just until finely ground. Add bread, garlic, and sour cream; pulse until blended. With processor running, slowly add vinegar and oil through food chute. Combine walnut mixture, salt, pepper, and lobster in a large bowl.
- Place 1/2 cup lobster mixture in the center of each lettuce leaf. Garnish, if desired.
- *Cook 3, whole 1-pound lobsters and garnish each plate with claw meat.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads