Lobster Salad with Tarragon Vinaigrette
Shrimp and crab also marry well with this fresh herb vinaigrette.
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 quarts water
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 (1 1/2- to 1 3/4-pound) live lobsters
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 pound Bibb lettuce
- Garnish: fresh tarragon sprigs
- Bring 4 quarts water and salt to a boil in a large Dutch oven. Plunge lobsters, head first, into boiling water; return to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes; drain and cool.
- Break off large claws and legs. Crack claw and leg shells using a seafood or nut cracker; remove meat and set aside.
- Break off tails. Remove stomachs and intestinal veins.
- Cut shell of tail segments lengthwise on the underside. Pry open the tail segments; remove meat, and cut into1/2-inch slices. Chill lobster meat.
- Combine minced shallots and next 7 ingredients in a jar; cover jar tightly, and shake vigorously.
- Arrange lettuce on individual salad plates; top with lobster, and drizzle with shallot mixture. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes