Lobster Salad with Papaya and Maui Onion
Yield: 6 servings
- 6 (4-ounce) lobster tails, steamed
- 2 large Maui onions, thinly sliced*
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- Vegetable oil
- 30 strands uncooked spaghetti
- 1 papaya, peeled and sliced
- 1 head red leaf lettuce
- Sesame Miso Dressing
- Garnishes: lobster tails, fresh chives
- Cut shell of lobster tails lengthwise on the underside, using kitchen shears. Pry open tail segments; remove meat, reserving tails to use for garnish. Slice meat in 1/2-inch medallions. Cover and chill.
- Sauté onion in hot canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 10 to 15 minutes or until tender. Stir in brown sugar, rice vinegar, and orange juice. Cover and chill.
- Pour vegetable oil to a depth of 2 inches into a Dutch oven; heat to 375°. Deep-fry spaghetti, a few strands at a time, for 10 seconds or until golden. Drain on paper towels.
- Arrange lobster medallions, onion, papaya, lettuce, and fried spaghetti; drizzle with Sesame Miso Dressing. Garnish, if desired.
- *Maui onions are from the Hawaiian island of the same name. Any sweet and mild onion can be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads