Lobster Salad with Lemon-Garlic Pita Wedges
Yield: Makes about 2 1/2 cups
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 (1 1/2-pound) lobster
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced yellow bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- Lemon-Garlic Pita Wedges
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add 2 tablespoons salt to water. Plunge lobster, headfirst, into boiling water. Cover pot; cook lobster 6 minutes. Drain and cool. Remove meat from claws and tail; coarsely chop. Chill lobster meat.
- Combine mayonnaise and next 4 ingredients in a medium bowl; mix well. Stir in onion, bell pepper, and parsley. Add chilled lobster; toss to coat.
- Serve Lobster Salad with Lemon-Garlic Pita Wedges.
- Shortcut Savvy: Shrimp makes an affordable and easy substitute for lobster. Ask the fish market to steam 3/4 pound peeled and deveined shrimp. Chill thoroughly, and coarsely chop. The light flavors of this salad also work well with fresh crab.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes