We love these! They have a unique twist on normal lobster rolls because of the citrus and fennel slaw. Best recipe for lobster rolls we have found.
Lobster Salad Rolls with Shaved Fennel and Citrus
Bright citrus and licorice notes from the fennel complement the sweet, tarragon-flecked lobster meat. We use New England-style hot dog buns, which are top-split and have an open crumb on the sides.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 238
- Fat: 6.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Protein: 19.4g
- Carbohydrate: 24.9g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 52mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 699mg
- Calcium: 120mg
- 3 cups coarsely chopped cooked lobster meat (about 3 [1 1/4-pound] lobsters)
- 3 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 2 cups thinly sliced fennel bulb (about 1 medium)
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 6 (1 1/2-ounce) hot dog buns
- 1. Combine lobster, mayonnaise, 2 teaspoons tarragon, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cover and refrigerate.
- 2. Combine fennel, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, orange rind, and next 5 ingredients (through pepper).
- 3. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add buns to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Place 1/3 cup fennel salad in each bun. Top each serving with 1/2 cup lobster salad.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note