Oh my, were these delicious! I halved the recipe for my hubby and me, although if when I make them again I won't halve the fennel citrus salad. I can think of lots of fun ways to use it again. I served on sprouted grain rolls which were heartier and heavier than the ones in the recipe but they still got very juicy and I improved the overall nutritional profile a bit.
Lobster Salad Rolls with Shaved Fennel and Citrus
Bright citrus and licorice notes from the fennel complement the sweet, tarragon-flecked lobster meat. We use New England-style hot dog buns, which are top-split and have an open crumb on the sides.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 238
- Fat: 6.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Protein: 19.4g
- Carbohydrate: 24.9g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 52mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 699mg
- Calcium: 120mg
- 3 cups coarsely chopped cooked lobster meat (about 3 [1 1/4-pound] lobsters)
- 3 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 2 cups thinly sliced fennel bulb (about 1 medium)
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 6 (1 1/2-ounce) hot dog buns
- 1. Combine lobster, mayonnaise, 2 teaspoons tarragon, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cover and refrigerate.
- 2. Combine fennel, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, orange rind, and next 5 ingredients (through pepper).
- 3. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add buns to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Place 1/3 cup fennel salad in each bun. Top each serving with 1/2 cup lobster salad.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note