I tried this recipe last year for the first time for an open house annual fireworks party. It was a huge hit!!! I did use the lobster, which was on sale, and couldn't find the jicama - so I omitted that. Friends are still talking about it to this day - and the party is coming up around the corner and the lobster salad is to be expected again this year. You will not be disappointed - I promise.
- 3 oranges
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 English cucumber, cut in half lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thin jicama strips
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (1 1/2- to 1 3/4-pound) lobsters, cooked
- 1. Peel and section oranges over a large bowl, squeezing juice from membranes. Add bell pepper and next 9 ingredients, stirring gently.
- 2. Remove lobster from shell, keeping claw meat intact. Thinly slice tail meat. (Lobsters should yield about 2 1/2 cups chopped meat.) Add lobster to vegetable mixture, stirring gently.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads