Photo: Oxmoor House
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 275
- Fat: 11.2g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 18.9g
- Carbohydrate: 23.3g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 559mg
- Calcium: 137mg
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 5 ounces cooked lobster meat, cut into bite-sized pieces (about 1 [1 1/4-pound] Maine lobster)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 2 top-split hot dog buns
- 2 lemon wedges
- 1. Place first 3 ingredients in a bowl. Mix gently to combine.
- 2. Spread butter evenly on outsides of buns (the part that won't be filled with lobster meat). Place buns in a skillet and toast each side until golden, about 3 minutes.
- 3. Spoon lobster salad evenly into buns. Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
- Lighten Up Don't skip the butter or mayo In some lobster roll preparations, the outside of the toasted bun is buttered (to give the sandwich an extra layer of flavor) and heaps of mayonnaise are added to the dressing (to keep it creamy). These techniques make a delicious sandwich but also drive up the calories. This version uses butter on the rolls and mayonnaise in the dressing, but in reduced amounts, which saves around 1,000 calories.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This