- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 lemon
- 6 steamed lobsters, meat removed from shells and diced
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 10 slices very thin white bread (such as Pepperidge Farm)
- 20 sugar cones (such as Nabisco Comet Sugar Cones)
- Garnish: chopped fresh chives
How to Make It
Whisk together mayonnaise and juice of 1/2 lemon in a large bowl; gently stir in diced lobster. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Chill until ready to serve.
Preheat oven to 350°. Trim crusts from bread slices, and cut each diagonally into 2 triangles. Roll triangles into cone shapes, pressing seams to seal, and insert into sugar cones. Bake 5 to 6 minutes or until golden. Let cool completely; fill with lobster salad. Garnish, if desired.