Lobster Risotto with Herb-rubbed Beef Tenderloin
Photo: Jean Allsopp; Styling: Mindi Shapiro
- 1 (1 1/2- to 2-pound) live lobster
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup diced shallots
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Herb-rubbed Beef Tenderloin
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Plunge lobster, headfirst, into boiling water. Cover pot; cook lobster 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and cool. Remove meat from claws and tail, coarsely chop, and set aside.
- Bring broth just to a simmer in a medium saucepan. Keep warm over low heat.
- Heat butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots; cook 5 minutes or until slightly tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in rice, and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add wine; cook until liquid is nearly absorbed, stirring constantly. Add 1/2 cup warm broth, stirring constantly, until broth is nearly absorbed. Repeat with remaining broth, 1/2 cup at a time (about 25 minutes total). Stir in lobster; cook, stirring constantly, just until thoroughly heated. Stir in Parmesan and next 3 ingredients. Serve immediately with Herb-rubbed Beef Tenderloin.
- Note: To save time, purchase 6 to 8 ounces precooked lobster meat. Or substitute about 1/2 pound cooked, peeled, and deveined shrimp.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This